The ICKC has been in existence for three months now. I started the community because there is great work being done in the field of IC. But it is spread across many disciplines and geographies--with work being done literally around the world. So our collective message often does not get into the business mainstream where it is so sorely needed.
We are still getting started. As I watched how we have begun to interact, I had the feeling that there was still something missing. So I have made a few changes
(actually reverting to the Ning standards):
- Changed Resources to Blog Posts. Most people were using this as posts already so this felt appropriate.
- Changed Discussions to Forum. This label is a better fit for the expanded list of categories seen below.
in the Forum so that the categories are now:
- IC Case Studies (same)
- Introductory IC Discussions (formerly Guides)
- Advanced IC Topics (formerly Ideas)
- IC Bibliography (new) - the goal is to create a central bibliography of the best IC resources and allow discussions/comments about them
- Public Sector IC Programs (new) - the goal is to create a global directory of all IC programs provided by the public sector
- Private Sector IC Programs (new) - the goal is to create a global directory of all IC programs provided by the private sector
- Our IC Community (same)
Modified community description
Each of these categories is explained in more detail on the Forums
: A global community of thought leaders bringing IC concepts to organizations looking to adapt to the knowledge era.
These are still early days for our community. I hope you agree that we are going in the right direction. Thank you for supporting our vision of an active global community bringing IC concepts into mainstream organizations.
Please share your thoughts!