OK, lets say a company leader agrees that 80% or more of its value is driven by intangibles. So the leader says "What value do I get from measuing something I already assume to be true?

It would be for everyone's benefit that this community answer the question. Aferall, we're creating new value that must be explained before the market can understand it.

What is your answer ?

Tags: companies, deragon, era, intangible, jay, management, risk, smarter, social

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How does he assume it to be true?  What did he do to measure it at 80% ?  If he measured it already, why?  He must have envisioned some sort of ROI on the original measurement.  

Hi Jay,

This is a fundamental question indeed. I wrote a short paper to answer this question few years ago, titled

What is Intellectual Capital? And why it should be measured?.

Let me know if it answers the question.

Nice piece of work, Thanks for sharing. Maybe we should start a library for others to access???

Abhijit Talukdar said:

Hi Jay,

This is a fundamental question indeed. I wrote a short paper to answer this question few years ago, titled

What is Intellectual Capital? And why it should be measured?.

Let me know if it answers the question.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

for you

Latest Activity

Dayana de Paula is now a member of Smarter-Companies
17 hours ago
Joyce Teurlincx updated an event
Thumbnail

Transfer Pricing and Intellectual Property at Homestudy

November 20, 2014 all day
Transfer Pricing and Intangibles, one of the most important areas of Transfer Pricing today!With…See More
21 hours ago

ICountant
melanie sutton posted a status
"Intangible capital from another perspective - a story of courage and aphasia http://j.mp/1Fq9TMf #intangiblec"
yesterday
Sherman Mohr updated their profile
Oct 13

© 2014   Created by Mary Adams.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service