Slide Deck for KM & IC presentation by Matthew Loxton

Views: 93

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Matthew for a great presentation! Here is the comment stream:

Mary Adams: I love the door handle analogy (last thing a patient mentions on the way out the door). We see it all the time. The root problem is usually not mentioned...

Leif Edvinsson: Pls link up with "Richard McDermott" <richard@mcdermottconsulting.com> for similar thinking

Bill Miller: Embedded immune systems

Leif Edvinsson: This is called intelleigent clothes, machines etc.

Bill Miller: MIT things that think

Mary Adams: No rush Matthew

Leif Edvinsson: How do measure Understanding? What metrics

Mary Adams: The intersection of social media and knowledge management is like a new chapter...

Bill Miller: Dialog is better than lecture

Leif Edvinsson: So SM adn KM will start to interplay

Leif Edvinsson: ah, the written or visualized story telleing is creating so called structural capital that is asyncronic in time

Leif Edvinsson: Positive gossip...

Bill Miller: Photos in Facebook add a kind of storyboarding

Dr John Dumay: Mtthew you should write this up for my special edition of JIC

Dr John Dumay: Just what I am after...

Dr John Dumay: Curiosity = Gap

Leif Edvinsson: the image showing that Knowledge is in between

Mary Adams: I love the idea of everyone pulling learning back into the company. I wonder how training in using the tools is important?

Dr John Dumay: generating Intellectual Curiosity

Peter Spence 2: Your concept of mobilising IC is clear through your presentation John – in addition to leadership, the social/relational aspects Matthew has emphasised appears central to the mobilisation of IC – any thoughts on the importance of developing organisational wide collaboration and negotiation competencies to support the mobilisation of IC?

Leif Edvinsson: Very good steps

Dr John Dumay: yes

Dr John Dumay: Current work i am doing looks at accounting lock-in being a necessary precondition to mobilisation

Bill Miller: How do the steps change for radical innovation?

Mary Adams: What do you mean by "test the message integrity"?

Jayaraman Rajah Iyer: Good to measure IC and actions on IC

Mary Adams: Thanks for the clarification!

Leif Edvinsson: What did you mean on High index on curiosity

Leif Edvinsson: Saper Vedere, said Leonardo da vinci

Mary Adams: Matthew says "memetic view of innovation. Matured elsewhere. Put in an environment that doesn't have defense mechanism to kill it.

Bill Miller: That's what entrepreneurs do

Bill Miller: except it hasn't matured - it's an infant

Dr John Dumay: Love to have this type of story on the project

Dr John Dumay: yes

Dr John Dumay: as many as you have

Jayaraman Rajah Iyer: Both John & Mathew are on interesting stories paticularly on behavioural changes.

Dr John Dumay: Yes, a bit like sensemaking

Dr John Dumay: From Aristotle

Stephen Selby: For those who are not aware, my former department put up a bunch of SME IC reports done over the past two years.

Dr John Dumay: Stephen can you get me access to these?

Stephen Selby: http://www.ipd.gov.hk/eng/icm.htm

Dr John Dumay: Thanks

Matthew Loxton: Happy to!

Stephen Selby: 10 minutes...

Stephen Selby: srselby@atarn.org

Dr John Dumay: Stephen what about stories from HK

Stephen Selby: Can do stories from HK.

Dr John Dumay: Maybe do a version of the survey in Chinese?

Peter Spence 2: Wonderful presentations again – well done and thank you!  And thanks to all for valuable input

Dr John Dumay: thanks Mary for your support

Leif Edvinsson: In Poland both Stock exchange and Minsitry is working on IC of Poland

Jay Chatzkel: What I was going to say is that there is an approach called community management that would help facilitate communication across individuals and groups - see www.behyondthedeal.net/NewsletterNovember11.pdf.  I use it in the context of mergers and acquisitions and the embedded knowledge from individuals in both organizations to bring their personal and process knowledge into a cross organizational conversation. 

Matthew Loxton: If I missed any questions please email me at mloxton@hotmail.com

Dr John Dumay: Thanks Matthew

Jay Chatzkel: Mathew's structure dovetails very well with this.

Leif Edvinsson: Great thanks and Happy IC

Stephen Selby: Have a happy Festive Season, all!

Peter Spence 2: Thanks Mary, goodnight all and all the bestg for festive break

Matthew Loxton: Travel safe and be curious!

Dr John Dumay: merry Christmas all

Jayaraman Rajah Iyer: Happy New Year

Dr John Dumay: OK Cool thanks Mary

Peter Spence 2: Thanks Mary, well worth it, bye

Thanks Mary, 

Here are some specific responses to questions I missed during the session

1. Leif Edvinsson: How do measure Understanding? What metrics
    Typically that was determined by posing to the author the question of what take-home points they want the audience to have, and what the 3-5 things are that they would want the audience to have understood if they had not understood anything else. I have found that this often leads to a review and change in content and those points will then form the basis of the assessment questions posed. 

The degree of understanding is then the proportion of those specific few points being correctly responded to by the audience.

2. Dr John Dumay: Mtthew you should write this up for my special edition of JIC
    Happy to John, send me an email with some thoughts on what you are interested in.

3. Mary Adams: I love the idea of everyone pulling learning back into the company. I wonder how training in using the tools is important?
    Some training in the tools is useful but the concepts were the bigger issue - they needed to understand the nature of asynchronous interaction, and the idea that an assessment was there to measure the author, not the audience. I also needed some whispered discussion that authoring stuff could be seen as evidence that one is indispensable ;) 

I have blogged on the KM  presentation and although it duplicates some of the arguments, it is a nice companion to the slides.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mary Adams.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service