I started a company in the application of a systematic quantification of Intangibles.

In the process of information, an outside financial advisor advised the company that was not important to this issue.

Conclusion: The process remained unfinished.

On trying again, the current financial crisis discouraged incurring the expenses involved in the implementation of this system.

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Augustin,

Would it be useful to approach the application of IC quantification in the company from another angle - building IC into the company's risk management system - risks associated with 'unknown' value of IC (i.e. loss of value, opportunities, threats etc) may be the driver (and foundation) for to appy a systematic quantification of intangibles. What are your thoughts?

Peter
Hi Peter,
My opinion is this,
The quantification of the intangible value of the company must be demonstrable and auditable.

If this value is unknown, no one will admit no accounting entries, let alone recognize risks based on it.
You say (I think thinking about the SWOT analysis):

- Loss of value: We value from established and recognized. If so, the value can go up and down both.

- Opportunities: This is a concept that can only be quantified in a budget based on objective data. If so, may be related to the intangible already created.

- Threats: It is also defining its effect with budgeted data, its impact on the company and relate to the intangible assets created.

Best regards

Peter Spence said:
Hello Augustin,

Would it be useful to approach the application of IC quantification in the company from another angle - building IC into the company's risk management system - risks associated with 'unknown' value of IC (i.e. loss of value, opportunities, threats etc) may be the driver (and foundation) for to appy a systematic quantification of intangibles. What are your thoughts?

Peter

Agustin - The What Works in IC is now a formal academic study. We would love to have your story in the study.

To do this, just go the What Works in IC and click START SURVEY at the end of the text box.

Thanks!  Mary

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mary Adams.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service